1/25/10

Can I Keep You? ~_~


I'm clinging to the last few remnants of hope.. that it is still possible to keep him.. or at the very least ~ our Friendship.

A better portion of 15 minutes between 4:00AM - 4:15AM. Monday.

He kissed me on my right cheek. Zeroing in on a spot barely an inch away from my lips. Slowly and deliberately, enough for me to realize that maybe I don't have to make a decision for myself and that I should wait for him to tell me that I am the obvious choice. And that I am the 0ne he should be with and not her.

The kiss lingers, long after I arrived home. And if it wasn't enough - I called him up again just to make sure I was the one He should be thinking about before He goes back to bed.

My first thought, as I feel my lips curled into smile, was that I was probably mistaken about all these negative possibilities.

I have been wrong about these kinds of things too many times before. And I have discovered that all the precious little "clues" I would patiently gathered in my head will eventually pool into a dismal puddle of disappointment at the end of the day.

I do not want to assume anything because I do not want to be wrong again ~ not this time. Not when it matters to me.

But there I was, the warmth on my face embracing the sweetness in the air, evidence that this could turned out to be something really special .. and real .. and wonderful.

And this time, because it matters .. I might just be right.

That early Monday morning. At the start of a new week. I fell asleep with a smile on my face.


No comments:

Post a Comment