2/15/10

A Warrior


"We are hard pressed on every side but not crushed. Perplexed but not in despair. Persecuted but not abandoned. Struck down but not destroyed." ~ 2 Corinthians 4 : 8-9

GOD has been good to me. But I did not realize that until I entered SFC. Even the manner in which I joined it ( i  knew now ) God orchestrated.

I only joined because I was jobless during those times. So when my uncle asked me to attend their first day of CLP ( Christian Life Program ) , I said "why not?"

When I entered the room, full of strange unfamiliar faces and started my very first CLP I was hesitant. Because I never thought I would join such a group, I mean I have to admit, my relationship with God would only limit to attending mass every Sunday.

But with barely two sessions, I assumed I had found the reason. I've discovered why I joined. God gave me such hunger ~ a hunger to serve Him, worship and praise Him for the rest of my life and after knowing more about SFC, I knew I had found the way to satisfy my hunger.

I am now a 7-yr old member of Singles for Christ and I normally join Gawad Kalinga projects in Payatas whenever I have time to do so, and  I believe that every member has been trained for the past 17 years to be such a warrior. To be part of an army that will conquer territories for our Lord. I am priveledged to be part of this army. To be part of SFC.

I am here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment