11/5/10

When Trust and Friendship Fades



Another inexcusably long absence of writing entries for past couple of months, again not for lack of activity or life (for crying out loud, there's so much things to be done but so little time) .. or stories to tell or write for that matter, but more of.. lack of blogging time. I suppose one might adapt an older adage: Those who want to blog, make time to blog, but nonetheless, here I am ~ "read it @ your own risk" is back online (gawd, I hope I can keep up to my words, haha)

Recently.. I was breaking off ties with most of the people I used to connect with, share my happiness, friendship and maybe life with. And though it's tough, I've realized that it might just be a part of the journey that I needed to go through this year. I am sometimes almost convinced that everything happens for a reason. Whether it be a lesson learned or good memories made, it is just a stepping stone in your journey ahead. 

True, it is very sad and difficult to stop communication with someone who was part of your life for so long, when all of a sudden fate would take different turns and in the end you'd realize they would rather keep their silence and lose your friendship in exchange of their own immature, selfish reasons. 

But we must also need to learn that we all deserve to be happy. I have lost a very close friend, a lover, a cousin, teammates and it all happened this year.. Even my used to be ever stronger personal relationship with God. And it saddens me to think about this every now and then.  But life must go on , people will come and go no matter how much you wish to keep them. A wise friend once told me and I quote, "Demolish the bridges behind you. So that there would be no other choice, but to move forward."

Although it's also hard when someone you thought would always be there, suddenly turn their backs on you. People that you thought you could trust your whole life with, will be the same person who would pull you down to sadness and misery no matter how hard you tried not to get involved with it. Some even, would get your attention so likely, they want you to be part of it. It's so frustrating though isn't it, because when a friend does this to you and regardless of the fact that you feel you have taken a really huge step in deciding to give them another chance .. only to figure out later, that the so-called friend will do the same thing over and over again. No wonder people get caught in circles. As expected, they would rather not admit their shortcomings and pretend everything's fine. I guess to them, life is always better that way. That's the saddest and very disappointing realization I've ever discovered this year.

~0~

No comments:

Post a Comment